From KuneriLite wiki
KuneriLite is an innovative Rapid Application Development toolkit to extend Adobe Flash Lite capabilities and create thrilling S60 applications faster, easier and cheaper. It enables Flash Lite developers to go beyond Flash Lite development without any knowledge of Symbian programming.
KuneriLite is very lightweight and can be easily extended by its plug-in system. Developers can use all plug-ins at once or can use any combination of them in their projects. We provide basic set of plug-ins considering developers' needs and constantly improving plug-in library.
KuneriLite is totally developer oriented and very easy to use and develop with. KuneriLite comes with KuneriLite Wizard, which makes it simple to deploy KuneriLite projects to target devices, without any worry of creating SIS installation packages. It is also very easy to program with Flash Lite, making developers' life easy.
KuneriLite is similar to Sony Ericsson's Project Capuchin and Nokia's newly introduced Platform Services, with an advantage of wider scale of device support.
KuneriLite is programmed with Symbian C++ and acts a layer in between Flash Lite and S60 platform. KuneriLite aims to enable Flash Lite developers to create enterprise level applications and help mobile developers to reduce the complexity of S60 development.
- Faster, easier, cheaper S60 application development
- Completely free for non-commercial use
- Flash developer and product oriented
- No Symbian programming knowledge required
- Easy to use and develop
- Distributed within application package (invisible to end user)
- Works on all S60 3rd edition and further devices
- Dynamic plug-ins (light footprint)
- KuneriLite Wizard; the easy to use project manager
- Documentation and online support
KuneriLite has many plug-ins i.e File, Download, Timer, Connect, Camera, also GPS. Please see KuneriLite Plug-ins page for more detailed information.
Some applications created with KuneriLite :
- Accuweather Flash Lite application powered by KuneriLite GPS
- Karttaselain - (GPS)navigation (for Finland maps only) application powered by KuneriLite plug-ins
- Pikkoo is a great example, how Flash Lite can provide a great look and feel as an S60 application.
- mobiEXPLORE - Innovative travel guide platform utilizing KuneriLite
- MTV Blog Uploader
- MTV OnDemand
(Several more are under publishing process and internal use. KuneriLite is also widely used in many prototyping and concept projects)
Just some simple ideas to tell you what you can do with KuneriLite powered Flash Lite applications.
- Bluetooth connected multiplayer games and chat applications
- High score tables, local databases, personalized information with Flash Lite 1.1
- Alarm clocks, calendars, countdown clocks, stop watches, time dependent applications
- Update OTA, download application skins, music, video
- Take picture, video, send it over Bluetooth, save on device
- Create location based applications, integrate with maps
What is KuneriLite Wizard
KuneriLite Wizard is the easy to use project manager for KuneriLite powered Flash Lite projects. KuneriLite Wizard can be installed on your PC and you can manage and create KuneriLite projects in simple steps, without dealing with complicated processes.
- Easily prepare your PC to compile KuneriLite and S60 projects
- Test your platform, if it is ready to create KuneriLite applications
- Create SIS installers for KuneriLite projects
- Create SIS installers for Flash Lite projects
- Create PKG file on the fly
- Add any additional files or folders to your project
- Add any combination of KuneriLite plug-ins with single button press
- Compile KuneriLite projects
- Simple user interface and help
How to use
KuneriLite Wizard is very easy to use. For detailed information please see KuneriLite Wizard Beginner's Guide.